This Southwestern Cauliflower Casserole is an inexpensive and easy side dish to go with almost any meal. It is a really easy recipe to throw together. Using the steam in bag cauliflower eliminates prep time from having to break down and cook a whole cauliflower. I like the texture and flavor from the steam in bag variety compared to fresh but to each their own. I can find this for $1.19 a bag at my Kroger and the whole fresh heads are usually anywhere from 4-5 dollars. Trust me when I say even if you do not love cauliflower go ahead and give this a try. My husband really dislikes the flavor of fresh cauliflower, but he absolutely loves this recipe.
It only took me a few years but I am finally hopping n the cauliflower wagon, it is most definitely an underappreciated veggie! Try out this Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower Mash, it’s another favorite of ours. The carb count really depends on the brands you use. Read your labels to make sure there are little to no fillers and added sugar to your ingredients. Thanks for stopping by!
A huge thank you goes out to all of the readers, cooks, food enthusiasts, friends, and keto warriors who support this blog! Come and follow our Facebook page where we post all of our new recipes and ideas!
Southwestern Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen cauliflower Steam in bag type, I used Kroger brand
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 scallions chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- butter or spray for greasing the casserole dish
- Preheat your oven to 450°. Spray or butter your casserole dish. I used a oval dish that was roughly 10×8. Prepare the cauliflower in the microwave as the package suggests. I did 4 minutes. Remove from the bag place in a strainer to remove any additional liquid that may be there. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop the cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl add the sour cream, scallions, drained green chilies, cheddar, and cayenne. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Fold in your chopped cauliflower and add to the prepared casserole dish. Top with the parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes @ 450°.