I recently posted a picture of our wine and cheese night and everyone was asking if our crackers were low carb. Excited to say, yes! We made these easy low carb crackers with lavash bread!
I tried these a few different ways at different temperatures and different ways of applying the oil but this technique was my favorite. The quick way with fewer dishes is to just brush each side with some oil but I found that the crackers get coated better when you give them a good mix in the bowl resulting in a more satisfying cracker. I find my bread at Meijer most of the time, you can also purchase it here We like to use a truffle salt and black pepper combo. Use whatever salt you like, plain, garlic, smoked, etc.
One whole lavash bread cut into crackers is usually plenty for the two of us with some leftover. Make a double batch for a crowd. What can you use these for? Well, as stated earlier we used them as a cracker for wine and cheese night, as a cracker for any dip you have, grind them up to use as breadcrumbs, or just on their own for a satisfying snack! I hope you love this snack as much as we do!
Recipes to go with Easy Low Carb Crackers
A huge thank you goes out to all of the readers, cooks, food enthusiasts, friends, and keto warriors who support this blog! Come and follow our Facebook page where we post all of our new recipes and ideas! Feel free to check out some of my recipes here!
There are links on this site that can be defined as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you happen to purchase something through the links provided.
Table and a Chair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
Low Carb Lavash Crackers
- 1 piece Josephs Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Square Lavash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°. With a pizza cutter take out one sheet of the lavash bread. Cut it into cracker size squares.
- In a bowl add the squares and add the oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to evenly coat all the chips.
- Place the chips on a baking tray lined with a silicone mat making sure they are not overlapping. Bake for 5-7 minutes. After 4 minutes watch them closely. they go from golden to burnt really fast. I have lost a batch or two not paying attention and letting them burn.