Are you ready for a delicious 10-minute dinner? This Garlic Butter Shrimp with Spinach and Feta recipe is so easy you won’t even believe how good it is. Butter, garlic, shrimp, feta, and spinach come together for a flavor-packed dinner. I’m not sure about you but I need fast dinners on our busy nights during the school year. We serve this over cauliflower rice but feel free to serve it over whatever your family likes to eat. As easy as this recipe is there are a few tips to ensure a perfect outcome.
Recipe Tips for Garlic Butter Shrimp with Spinach and Feta
- Make sure you do not burn the garlic. Have your stock ready to go before you put the garlic in. 30 seconds is all it takes to go from great garlic flavor too bitter and yucky. Reduce the heat, put the garlic in, stir, then add the stock and you will be good to go.
- This is a very fast recipe but you do need to take the time to whisk the butter cubes in one by one. This ensures that your sauce is smooth and velvety. If you just add all the butter at one time it might not emulsify (combine) with the sauce and it will be oily and separated instead of rich.
- I like Trader Joe’s Red Shrimp, they are always sweet and delicious! To thaw the shrimp check out the picture in the recipe below, it just takes a few minutes from frozen to thawed with this method.
Now that you have the recipe and the tips you are ready to go make a delicious dinner. Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe. I truly appreciate every share, pin, tweet, mention, and like from everyone!
A huge thank you goes out to all of the readers, cooks, food enthusiasts, friends, and keto warriors who support this blog! Come and follow our Facebook page where we post all of our new recipes and ideas!
There are links on this site that can be defined as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you happen to purchase something through the links provided.
Table and a Chair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
Garlic Butter Shrimp with Spinach and Feta
- 1 pound shrimp raw, peeled, deveined. I used a pink Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joe’s
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt I used Trader Joe’s brand for this as well
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs I had a mix of dill, mint, and oregano
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup stock
- 5 ounces spinach cleaned
- 4 ounces feta
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small cubes (6)
- 1 12 to 16 ounce bag cauliflower rice prepared to package directions
- If your shrimp are frozen place them in a strainer and run cold water over them while you are prepping the rest of the ingredients.
- When your shrimp are defrosted mix them with the teaspoon of seasoned salt. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the shrimp in an even layer and saute for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and red pepper flakes, saute this for 30 seconds then add the stock and stir to combine.
- Add the spinach and the herbs cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Move the shrimp to one side of the pan and ONE at a time add the butter to the pan and whisk until it melts. If you need to tilt the pan to get some of the juice over to the side you are whisking the butter in. Contine this process untill all the butter is incorporated. When all of the butter is incorporated mix everyting together. Turn off the heat and crumble the feta alll over the top.
- We serve this over a bag of cauliflower rice prepared to package directions. Serve it however you like, over pasta(I would add a little more stock if doing that) traditional rice, or even zoodles. Enjoy!