Technically this Cheesy Ham and Egg Pie is a frittata. I am fully aware that it is not a pie, however, it is so rich and satisfying the term frittata just didn’t do it justice. This is one of those dishes that is good for all meals. Breakfast or brunch, serve it as is or with fruit. Leftovers are good for packing up to take to lunch. Or serve it with a simple green salad for dinner. This is another good use for leftover ham if you have any packed away from the holidays. With Easter right around the corner hold on to this recipe and use it with your leftover ham. Check out this post for a few more ideas on what to do with leftover ham!
I love the creamy consistency of the muenster cheese, but please feel free to use whatever varieties you have on hand. The nonstick skillet and butter are essential to the easy release of the pie for slicing. If it wants to stick give the whole skillet a few hits on the counter after loosening the sides with a spatula. I received this set All-Clad skillet set for Christmas and absolutely love them. Nothing sticks and the food comes out perfect every time.
A huge thank you goes out to all of the readers, cooks, food enthusiasts, friends, and keto warriors who support this blog! Come and follow our Facebook page where we post all of our new recipes and ideas!
There are links on this site that can be defined as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you happen to purchase something through the links provided.
Table and a Chair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
Cheesy Ham and Egg “Pie”
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream milk can be used as well
- pinch cayenne
- 1-2 cups ham chopped
- 6 ounces muenster shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- Preheat your broiler to high. Whisk the eggs, cayenne, and cream in a large bowl. Gently stir in the ham and half of the cheese.
- Heat an oven safe 8 inch nonstick skillet over medium and add the butter to evenly coat the pan. Add the scallions, salt and pepper. Saute for a 2-3 minutes until they are softened. Reduce the heat to low and add the egg mixture while stirring gently with a rubber spatula for about 2-3 minutes. The eggs should still be runny on the top, it will finish in the oven. When the fillings are evenly distributed and the bottom of the eggs are just set remove from the heat and top with the remaining cheese. Broil this on the middle oven rack for 5-8 minutes until it is puffed up and the cheese on top is a nice golden brown.
- Let is rest for 3-5 minutes after you remove it from the oven. Use your spatula to unstick any edges and slide it on to a cutting board and slice up. Serve as is, with a green salad, or some fruit.