These are the Best Pork Lettuce Wraps, they pack so much flavor in a little, healthy package. This is by far one of our favorite recipes for pork lettuce wraps. Below are a few tips for this recipe.
- To peel fresh ginger I use a spoon, just scrape off the skin before you grate it into the skillet.
- Check out my tip here for grating garlic/ginger.
- Ground chicken could be used as well but the pork is less expensive. It goes on sale for .99/lb at my grocery. I usually by at least 4 packs to stock up my freezer when this happens!
- Make sure to use sugar-free peanut butter, I suppose you could use regular if that is what you had but I am not sure how the sweetness would taste with everything. If you try it let me know!
- Clean the leaves while you are letting the pork mixture cook to save yourself some time.
- I make a side of Cilantro Lime Rice and add some of the pork mixture and frozen peas for the kids, My youngest is not coordinated enough to eat lettuce wraps yet!
I hope your family enjoys this dish as much has we do!
#1 Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head boston lettuce leaves seperated, cleaned, and dried
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger root grated
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablesoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain roasted peanut butter
- few drops sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 green onions chopped
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the pork, onion, garlic, and ginger saute this for 8-10 minutes.
- Add soy, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, and water and saute for another 5 minutes
- Stir in the sriracha and green onions. Transfer to a serving platter with the lettuce leaves and a spoon to fill. Serve with more hot sauce for those who like it extra spicy.