Low Carb Pizza Crust “Fathead Style”
This version of pizza crust is the one recipe we made early on that had me convinced I could actually stick with this way of eating. I can’t take credit for the creation, there are many versions around but I started making this crust with the version from the Fathead website. We changed a few things around to lower the carbs a tiny bit more and made it work for us. After a few tries we decided that we like it with no red sauce but a garlic butter instead. I do veggies on my half and my husband sticks with traditional pepperoni. A few tips I want to share,
- The trick to spreading it out is to make sure you have your hands wet, if not the dough will stick to you and you will have a mess. Start from the middle and work your way out.
- Have the parchment paper ready to go on your cookie sheet before you start microwaving.
- Omit the oregano, cook it for a little longer and cut it into cracker size pieces, AMAZING for dippers.
- The carb content depends on the ingredients you choose, there are variations in different brands of cheeses so just add all of them up and divide it by how many slices you cut to get your number.
- If you do not want to invest in a large bag of almond flour you can find it in bulk at many stores such as Fresh Thyme or Whole Foods and just buy what you need.
Do not let this recipe trick you into thinking it is health food, haha. It is not something I would recommend eating every day as it is high in calories but it is a delicious way to indulge and stay within the parameters of a low carb lifestyle. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!