Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
This one is a keeper. Go ahead and pin this recipe for later, you will thank me after you make it. It does take a little more prep time than my usual recipes but the results are so worth it. My husband loves bacon and jalapenos so he could not even believe I made this dish while he was out of town, sorry babe. My Mom and I gobbled it up with a simple romaine salad with ranch as a side. I promise I will make it again soon for you dear.
- If you do not have metal skewers you could use toothpicks but I would remove them before the broiling step so they do not burn.
- A broiler pan would probably work instead of the baking rack on the tray method but the air circulation really helps with even cooking and crispness.
- Feel free to use whatever shredded cheese you have a cheddar, mozzarella, or even muenster would be equally delicious.
- If you have fresh jalapenos go for it, I would probably use 2 with at least one of them with the seeds and stems removed all diced up.
- The broiler part is the key to the crispy bacon, do not skip this step!
- Depending on the person this recipe could serve 2-4. My Mom and I shared one and had salad with it and it was plenty for us. I know my husband would want a whole one so it just depends on who you are cooking for!
I hope you enjoy this chicken dish as much as we did!